Sunday, January 16, 2011

You might have noticed the new ornamentation on the left sidebar. The Christmas decoration was getting a little out of season, so I pulled the ole' switcheroo with the utmost of extemporaneousness. Yet in time these two/too shall be replaced.

I've always liked how proclaiming that the weather is "FOG" is done with the gusto of three consecutive capitals. It's like the haze just suddenly appears and trumps all other weather patterns: "Today we will have partly cloudy skies with a 23% chance of ... NOPE NEVERMIND IT'S GUNNA BE FOG!" Besides, even if there was some other weather going on, you wouldn't be able to see it.

The elongated weekend has left me with more time than I know how to deal with. So far I've spent it relaxing, watching football and playing Donkey Kong. I'll probably look over some E&M or Quantum Mechanics at some point. Yet I'm left thinking that taking a trip would have been pretty fun. So if I can manage it, President's Day weekend will be spent camping at Yosemite National Park. Given that it will still be in the middle of February, hopefully not too many people will be there, and since President's Day immediately follows our midterms I should be able to round up some physicists to accompany me. I'll start gathering supplies sometime soon.

Random, yet beautiful, coverpage by Oda
Today I bring you another of Eiichiro Oda's colorful villains: Enel!
"Yahahahaha!" Enel is the self-proclaimed God of Skypiea. Since eating the Goro Goro no Mi (Thunder Fruit) he has possessed the power lightening and all that that entails. He can travel close to the speed of light, cannot be harmed by conventional means and can deliver massive electrical shocks at will. Even if felled, he can actually use his power to restart his own heart! Using these alarming abilities he enslaved the people of Skypiea and ruled the land actually believing himself to be a god. So sure is he of his invulnerability, that his shock and feeling of horror when his omnipotence fails him is extreme to say the least.

1 comment:

  1. A trip to Yosemite is a good plan . . . but watch out for that classic cartoon villain, Yosemite Sam!

    ReplyDelete