Sunday, November 14, 2010

Surely didn't expect me to update my blog every day, did you? Those first 13 consecutive contributions were but a statistical anomaly whose magnitude can only determined to a decent degree of accuracy given more data. It is not to this end that I shall continue to provide entries, but my posts will, nonetheless, help the cause.

I am proud to announce that I have finished the second to last book in the Wheel of Time series. Things do, miraculously enough, seem to be heading for some sort of conclusion. Parties have gathered, tables are set, and while there are still countless threads of the Pattern hanging loose, many dangling yarns have finally been woven back in or, better yet, snipped right off. I have talked at great length already with those who also have read the book, so I won't bore the rest of you with any details. I will note though that the Wheel of Time has the very interesting feature of being one of the only works I know of whose scope so smoothly (and so drastically) expands as the series progresses. My friend likened it to a Katamari

I am not as proud to announce that, as a result, I am now a bit behind in my coursework for the coming week. Things are going to be a little ugly until Thursday. But its not like I have anything else to do now! I'll probably try to squeeze in some of this if I can. This first two parts were excellent, and you should expect a villainous profile on Dio Brando in the future.

The weather here has been fantastic lately. The blustery air is fresh and dry, the temperatures range from the high, comfortable 60s in the afternoon to to chilly 40s at night. I can see why people employ the word crisp for such situations; the syllable's onomatopoeic qualities alone make its pronunciation a palpable pleasure.

But enough banter. I know what you're all really here for: the King of Koopas, Lord Bowser!
Though it would kill him to admit it, it is due mostly to the notoriety of a certain plumber that Bowser is almost certainly the most famous of all video game villains. He has come quite a long way from his humble beginnings (this will likely remain my favorite incarnation), but his go-to crime hasn't changed: no one can match His Grunginess when it comes to kidnapping Princess Peach. In recent years Bowser's character has been imbued with a dash of humor (in the villainous comedic relief vein) and he has even teamed up with Mario on occasion, but don't let that fool you, the big guy is still quite capable of getting serious when the need arises. He commands countless minions, his fortress-like body make him nearly impossible to damage and his ability to breath fire is nothing to scoff at (unless of course you enjoy scoffing with a melted face). He isn't the most clever fellow, and for a villain he isn't particularly evil either, but when it comes to brute force you really should just get out of Bowser's way!

1 comment:

  1. Actually yes, we did expect daily Blog updates. We subscribers are paying good money for this Blog of Many Things service and expect timely updates.

    ReplyDelete